South Carolina bills:
- S.1046 Helmet Amendment Bill. This bill will make it illegal for adults over the age of 21 to ride a motorcycle without a helmet.
- S.0255 Raffle Bill. This bill will make it legal for non profits to have raffles, poker runs, dice games for charitable events. It may also allow Casino Nights.
- H.4691 Equal Access Bill. This bill will allow motorcycles equal access to public facilities that are funded by tax payer dollars.
- H.3124 Veteran Handicap Plates/Antique Motorcycle Plates. Would allow a handicap sticker/frame to be placed on a blue Veterans motorcycle license plate. Would allow owners of motorcycles that are 25 years or older to purchase a "historic" license plate.
- H.4584 DOT Motorcycle Awareness Signs. This would require the DOT to place signs in high traffic motorcycle areas.
- H.3163 Definition of a Motorcycle. This bill makes a moped not under the same definition as a motorcycle.
- H.4653 Passenger Age Restriction. This bill would make it illegal to have kids seven years and younger on a motorcycle as a passenger.
- S.1113 Pedestrian Reflective Vests. This bill will require pedestrians to wear reflective vests at night on rural roads.
- H.3255 Moped Reflective Vests. This bill will require drivers of mopeds to wear reflective vests at night.
- HR904 Motorcycle Check Point funding. This bill is written to stop th Feds from giving the states grants to fund motorcycle only check points. Although this bill is a good one it does not stop the states from using other monies like they did in Virginia. Currently Jeff and Joe are co sponsors.
- HR748 EPA Ethanol Percent Increase. This bill would not allow the EPA to increase the ethanol percentage from its current percentage of 10% to a new 15%. Currently South Carolina has no co sponsors.
Click on the name of the bill to view details.
You can look up bills online:
For South Carolina Bills, go to:
Fill out "Quick Search" with the bill number (numbers only), select "Bills" and hit the search button.
For Federal Bills, go to:
Look for "Search Bill Summary & Status" in the top/middle of the page. Fill in the bill number (the full bill, like "HR904"), select "Bill Number" and click Search.